Bucknell University This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Lewisburg, PA: One step onto campus and you can tell Bucknell is different from other colleges. Maybe it’s the location in a small Pennsylvania Dutch town, or maybe it’s the hospitality of the staff as they greet you with open arms. Whatever you are interested in or looking for, I guarantee Bucknell offers it.

I will admit that at first I was a little skeptical about its possibilities, but as my tour moved along, I realized the campus was incredible. Looking at the buildings and their tall white pillars, I felt like I was back in 1860. Then I continued my tour into the cafeteria and let me tell you, that was quite a sight. College food is usually not very good, but Bucknell’s is amazing; they had just about everything you could wish for. If you’re in a pasta mood, no problem. How about some soup? There are five to choose from. I was in heaven.

My tour ended at the athletic complexes that are comparable to any other Division I-AA college. What did stand out was the 18-hole golf course on campus. Bucknell even has a dance club on campus called “Uptown.”

Bucknell has great food, great activities and great people right on campus - what more could you ask for? Their website is bucknell.edu.