Marist College | Teen Ink

Marist College MAG

Poughkeepsie, NY: If you are looking for a well-rounded liberal arts school, then Marist College could be for you. The attractive campus is 90 minutes from both New York City and Albany, so students can find a wide variety of activities, though Poughkeepsie itself offers plenty of opportunities to keep busy. Diverse fields of study draw students from around the globe.

The college accepts about a thousand students each year, the majority from the top quarter of their graduating class. At Marist you can choose from 40 majors including communications and environmental science. The school also has a great relationship with the surrounding community and students can gain practical, hands-on experience through a variety of internship and field experience programs.

Marist ensures that incoming freshmen are welcomed to the community with as little stress as possible. Dorms specifically assigned to freshmen provide an opportunity to form bonds that will strengthen during the four years at college. Mentors are also available to offer guidance on personal and academic issues. The Academic Learning Center and Counseling Center offer further support if needed.

Aside from academics, the college has many sports and clubs. In their spare time, students can support the basketball team or participate in the fencing club. The college’s proximity to the Hudson River encourages waterskiing, rowing, and kayaking while the nearby Catskill Mountains add skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, mountain biking, and hiking.

While visiting, I felt right at home. The advisors were well informed and enthusiastic about their students. They made me feel that the college is more than a campus, it is a family. Getting to know my way around definitely seemed possible with the logical layout of the buildings. The library also had top-of-the-line technology and a vast selection of materials. Between the community and the academics, I was drawn to Marist College and recommend you visit to see for yourself. Learn more at marist.edu.

i love this !