Baptist College of Florida | Teen Ink

Baptist College of Florida MAG

By Anonymous

      Graceville, FL: We’re all looking for a college where the professors are nice, the students are like your brothers and sisters, and the faculty and staff are like your parents. Well, Baptist College of Florida meets all those needs!

BCF operates “within the context of a Christian worldview to promote, provide for, operate and control a program of education and training for ministers and other religious workers.” The grounds are beautiful, with a lake that makes the campus look especially nice. There are plenty of places to walk or run, and there’s a gym. Most of the 700 students bring their bikes, but the academic areas are close together, making it easy to get around.

You should know that the average student’s age is 28, and 40% are married. The cost for tuition, room, board, books and fees totals $5,743 per semester, and scholarships are available. You can obtain a degree in Biblical Studies; Christian Counseling; Christian Education; Church Music; Elementary or Music Education; Ministry; Leadership; Missions, or Music. Professors are approachable, and the classes are enjoyable and informative. There are a number of internship opportunities in the community, so you don’t have to travel far to complete your internship credits.

BCF provides on-campus, single-sex housing in good-sized rooms that you share with one roommate. Each dorm has a sitting room where you can hang out with friends. Living in the dorms really helps you get to know others and find people you can confide in and trust.

Attending a college this small also makes it easy to become involved. While visiting, I met two students who host the on-campus radio station. They were very welcoming and quite entertaining, to say the least. There are also plenty of other activities including chapel, mission trips, Baptist Collegiate Ministries (BCM), intramural sports, and drama and worship teams.

If you are looking for a college that can become your second home, Baptist College of Florida would be an excellent choice. Everyone makes you feel welcome and there are lots of opportunities. If you are interested in learning more about the college, visit the college’s website at www.baptistcollege.edu.