University of Akron | Teen Ink

University of Akron MAG

Akron, OH: Built on over 200 acres, the University of Akron has a metropolitan setting in the city with a population of over 200,000. The student union is very modern as is the rest of the campus. It includes a food court with several types of food, a theater that seats 300, a soundproof study room, a Starbucks (for coffee lovers like me), and is just a really cool place to hang out.

The University of Akron has spent (and still is spending) millions of dollars to further upgrade the campus with a goal of meeting the highest college expectations. The recreation and wellness center is amazing, complete with free weights, stationary bikes, elliptical machines and treadmills, an indoor pool, hot tubs, a rock-climbing wall, and an indoor track. For a small fee, you can stay in top shape with the help of a personal trainer who will devise a workout plan especially for you.

Akron is known for its highly rated Honors College. For these students there are special dorms and personal advisers to help along the way. Akron is also well known for its College of Business, College of Engineering, and its medical program.

As for the dorms, they have many types. Layouts range from two-person rooms to seven-person townhouses. Students may choose whom they want to room with, or be placed with someone with common interests and living style.

As for tuition, in-state students pay a little over $16,000, and out-of-state costs roughly $25,300 per year. The University of Akron does offer scholarships for both academics and athletics (Division I).

Overall, I was blown away by the University of Akron. It is everything I could want for my college experience. Not only are the academics great, but I enjoyed the campus. There are tons of activities. Hopefully, I will get the chance to live this ultimate college life at the University of Akron.

Find out more at www.uakron.edu.

i love this !