University of Delaware | Teen Ink

University of Delaware MAG

Newark, DE: When I think about outstanding colleges, the first ones to pop into my head are probably in the South or out West. However there are some excellent colleges on the East Coast. The University of Delaware is one great college that is often overlooked.

The University of Delaware is perfect for someone looking for a midsize college town atmosphere. U of D has over 16,000 undergraduates and almost 3,000 graduate students. Even with so many students, U of D still provides the highest quality undergraduate education available. U of D was ranked fifteenth of the 100 best public institutions of higher learning, eleventh for best value for out-of-state students, and thirteenth for in-state students according to surveys by Kiplinger and Forbes.

The University of Delaware has over 100 majors for undergraduates, ranging from accounting to wildlife conservation. In addition, U of D offers professional accreditation in agricultural engineering/engineering technology, athletic training, business administration, chemistry, clinical psychology, education, family and community services, medical technology, music, physical therapy, public administration, and nursing. It also has world-class programs in business, chemical engineering, and biotechnology. It is one of only four schools in North America with a major in art conservation.

If academics aren’t all you want in a college, the University of Delaware has many athletic programs too. Its 23 varsity sports compete in the NCAA Division I and the CAA (Colonial Athletic Association). Football at Delaware is a big deal; the team has won six national titles, including the 2003 NCAA I-AA Championship, and was a member of the Atlantic 10 conference. The field hockey and men’s lacrosse teams have each won a CAA Championship.

Anyone searching for a midsize college in an urban setting with plenty of activities should check out the University of Delaware. It offers excellent academics and a competitive sports program. If you would like more information, visit www.udel.edu.

i love this !