Plattsburgh State University This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Plattsburgh, NY: Last week I visited Plattsburgh State University. People had told me it was a good college, but it was even better than I expected.

Located in the small city of Plattsburgh, PSU is a nice-looking school. The college is not all split-up across the city but is located in one area. I have seen colleges that are spread out and they can be confusing. Inside, the buildings have maps to point you in the right direction if you don’t know where you are going.

The school isn’t huge, making the classes more interactive and giving more one-on-one time with professors. The average class has 24 students. One thing I found interesting was that if you are a good note-taker, the professor will pay you to photocopy your notes for the class.

The dorm rooms are big enough and homey. The students I saw seemed to be happy there. PSU is a Division III school. The number of girls and boys at the college is almost equal.

PSU offers a lot of majors and minors including art, history, science, and nursing. All of these fields have programs that are designed to fit students’ needs. They have many academic programs, including an honors program.

PSU has many clubs, from dance to sports. Those who are into sports can go to the weight room, the indoor track, or the gym. Their cross-country team came in second in the nation this past year, and their hockey team is amazing.

Overall, PSU is an impressive college. It’s small and in the city. The good thing about that is that the student can go out and have some down time at night. This school has a great reputation and offers a lot to its students. I think that PSU is definitely a college to consider.

For more information, go to www.plattsburgh.edu.

Matt C. said...
Mar. 29, 2012 at 11:01 pm:
Does this have a creative writing coarse?

princessness_16 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 20, 2011 at 9:17 am:
This is a great article. I actually considered attending Plattsburgh but i wasn't able to visit the college personally, and i didn't want to dive right into a college i had never even seen before. I was worried that i wouldn't like it, so i took myself off the waiting list. Now i wish i hadn't.. but it's still a future possibility. :)