college reveiw- WESTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Western Kentucky University

Bowling Green, KY: Western Kentucky University, founded in 1906, sits on top of south-central Kentucky’s highest point, which is a hill called College Heights, which looks over the Barren River, providing an amazing view for students and staff of the university.

Western Kentucky University’s approximately 20,000 students are provided an amazing college experience, along with providing a variety of astonishing courses in liberal arts and sciences, business, and provides a traditional and emerging professional program. With the beautiful 200 acre campus located in Bowling Green, KY; around 110 miles out of Louisville.

The University also provides many traditions. Such as the “Big Red” , the Hilltopper mascot, who performs at all of the Western Kentucky university sporting events. The “Big Red” recently was awarded the “Key to Spirit” award, the highest achievement given to team mascots. Another tradition found on the campus is the “Red Towel”, for years Mr. Diddle, one of Western Kentucky’s most famous Men’s Basketball coaches, would hold up a red towel at games, and now Hilltopper fans hold up and wave red towels at sporting events, showing there school pride.

Overall, Western Kentucky University is my top choice for my future college I attend. For more information, visit www.wku.edu