UF Innovation Academy Essay | Teen Ink

UF Innovation Academy Essay

In the fall of my junior year, I designed a mobile device application to improve the overall visitor experience as a part of the Museum of Discovery and Science APP-titude Internship program. I played the role of graphic designer and marketer. I attended a series of STEM speaker nights with various industry professionals in the area of engineering. From HTML and CSS programming to Adobe Photoshop and Maya 2016 3D animation, I communicated with a team of interns to create an APP that correlated to the Museums Gems, Minerals, and Boneyard exhibits. Analyzing what needed to be in the APP and how to then market it to museum visitors was a meticulous process that involved taking an idea and making suitable to thrive in the 21st century.

I aspire to become a UF innovation Academy student because of commitment to becoming an innovator. As a public relations major, I can utilize my experience with attributes of innovation to maintain the public image of a company. The unique summer/spring schedule allows me to travel and work with other non-profit organizations. This will influence my career path by participating in a course of study that is rich in content and opportunities.