Finding Yourself | Teen Ink

Finding Yourself

By Lucio BRONZE, Laoag, Alabama
Lucio BRONZE, Laoag, Alabama

"practice as if you are the worst and play as if you are the best"

Here is a world which beautiful and terrible things happen. A world which has life on it. So what is life? Life is the existence as a human being. It is being alive, the ability to function and grow. Grow in the sense that it is to experience misery, loneliness, suffering, happiness and all other feelings you’ve thought you will never experience. In other words, life is full of many unpredictable things.

“What is the meaning my life?” I remember the time when I asked myself the same question before. At that time, I was alone and thinking also who and what am I after all? Who am I after many years from now? And who am I before dying? Condone me for uttering death because we really can’t deny that there will be and there will always be death after life.

I wonder why great people go into their graves with their greatness still in them. They are not just great because they are famous or what. It’s because they died great because they found their selves. They fulfilled their desires or ambitions. They showed their greatness to people who idolizes them. They proved their selves. That made me realize that life is worthless if you haven’t fulfilled what you want.

I also believe in what Mahatma Gandhi, he said that “where there is love, there is life.”

Yah that’s true. The word love is a too broad term. Some say that if you are in loved. Things are brighter, things seems clearer and there is a euphoric feeling of contentment. Think about how you feel when you are in love. You feel unexplainable joy in yourself. To know that someone adores you or loves you unconditionally, seems to make everything alright. You feel like you have everything you wanted to. You feel the contentment and satisfaction… and that’s what life should feel like. Life is so meaningful with the presence of love.

I think that now, I must begin to look, look for the things I can do that will put me to some commitment in life. That will enable me to do some things that uses my capabilities that I have and also to feel my contentment, satisfaction and especially happiness.

We are what we think we are. We are as old as we feel, as rich as our imagination, as strong as our faith, and as weak as our fears. It is these things that make up life for us. It is our mind, it is us, it is our choices that makes the world and our minds are exactly what we make them.

The only thing is that there is no one answer or exact answer to what life’s meaning, because it's different for everyone. The meaning of life is to achieve whatever it is we set ourselves to do in our short time on this world.  There will always be those who search and search for straight answers but most likely answers they will never find. Whatever your passion, whatever your desire or ambition, fulfill it with your greatest potential and you will find the meaning of your life.

meaning of life