Grand Theft to Grand Calling | Teen Ink

Grand Theft to Grand Calling

September 24, 2014
By K_love97 BRONZE, Granbury, Texas
K_love97 BRONZE, Granbury, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Richard Puz wrote “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal”. The day I lost Trevor, I knew I would never forget the pain, but I also knew I would never stop loving him. A wave of pain and regret washed over me as I learned of his passing. How could such a precious thing be there and gone so swiftly? I know that the doctors did everything they could to save him, but my mom still lost Trevor at five months pregnant, leaving us desperate to keep the other twin, my now nine year old sister, Faith, alive. I believe that no one should have to endure the loss of a child. By majoring in biochemistry, I will be prepared to take my place in the medical field where I will specialize in saving the lives of the purest generation, those who will take our place in society. The future of our country and our world lies within the tiny hands of every unborn child, and they continue to reach out for help every day.


This neo-natal specialty that I wish to pursue provides the opportunity for any and all issues with the health of the baby to be reconciled before birth, leaving nothing less than a happy, healthy baby. From in-the-womb surgeries to intravenous feeding, neo-natal specialist work in the most intense, fast-paced, and worthwhile job position available. There is no comparison. Because I have experience, having lost my own brother, I believe I am fully emotionally equipped to work efficiently with no hindrances.


Pro-longing the lives of children, and in turn saving the lives of mothers, has always been my passion and a deep desire in my heart since the day I realized what I lost when Trevor died. I think about the fact that he never had the chance to fight for his own life; he just died. He never gazed into our parents’ faces, never spoke his first word, and never experienced the triumph of learning how to ride a bike. By majoring in biochemistry, I will have set the stage to begin my journey into pre-medicine. I will eventually make my way into a field of medicine where I can work to save lives every single day. I desire to justify my brother’s pre-mature death by saving as many lives as I possibly can.


The heartache that remains is my constant reminder of what I want to do and of who I want to be. I am determined to work in a position that I am passionate about; anything else would be inadequate.


The author's comments:

I am passionate about helping people and saving lives.