Mizzou | Teen Ink

Mizzou

By Alexisnramsey BRONZE, Maplewood, Missouri
Alexisnramsey BRONZE, Maplewood, Missouri

“Move,” was the first thing I heard before the rush of people filled the room. I wasn’t quite sure what was going on except for the fact that there was a canine being carried in the room. It was later in the day sometime afternoon, and normally the doctor doesn’t preform afternoon. All of a sudden I felt a rush of importance. The doctor started yelling for me to hand him things and to hold the canine. I started to get nevus because I wasn’t quite sure what every tool was called, I didn’t want to be the reason for the canine laying on the table to die. The canine wasn’t moving, he was laying on the table almost still like he knew that by being still would help the doctor. Ten minutes later after the rush stopped the canine stabilized. I felt comfort and accomplished even though I didn’t know whose canine it was. After that caring for animals and becoming a veterinarian has been my top priority.

Ever since I was born I’ve gone to work with my mom, better yet I have even been working there for 4 years now. By being able to watch hands-on how a veterinarian practice works has given me the option to see many different things and interact with many different people.

Most children want to do something with animals and majority of the time these children grow out of this stage, but me, I still continue to do as much as I can to reach my dreams of becoming a veterinarian. Becoming a veterinarian isn’t just about caring for animals, it is also the career that involves everything I love which includes business, and science. I have given up sports, part of my social life, and my relax time to pursue my dream in becoming a vet. To become a veterinarian you have to have detection and devotion and that is what I’ve had since the start. This is why I think making it into Mizzou and the Vet program would be a good fit for me. Not only will I be able to accomplish my dream in a program that many love, but I will also be able to be close to home.

I spent my years growing up in an environment where animals were like my brothers and sisters. As I grew older so did my experience and knowledge of animals. Animals have inspired me to future my education in science and major in Animal Science to become a veterinarian.