My Secret Life This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

My eyes skimmed from the pages of The Hatchet to the clock on the wall. Seven more hours. And then, everything went dark.
I woke on the floor of my classroom. The lights were off. I was no longer surrounded by classmates, but instead my teacher, principal, and some medics. Is this a dream? Am I sleeping?

At the hospital, the doctors referred me to a neurologist. That day was the beginning of living with epilepsy. This is the unique community I became a part of when I was thirteen.

There are fundraisers and dinners that I attended. I felt alone, because no one at my school was like me. My mom used to take me to them to show me that I am not the only person living with this disorder. The people I met because of those dinners helped me keep living my life the way I wanted to. The people who have epilepsy also have intricate goals that a diagnosis could never affect.

As a part of such a community, I want to go out in the world and prove that I can be successful while living with a complex disorder. I want to accomplish my goal of becoming a geneticist and decoding genetic disorders. Then one day I can return to a foundation dinner and say, “I did it, and I believe you can, too.” I’m going to inspire those kids who sat where I did, because I could’ve never come this far without them.

LabtopnerdThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is a very inspiring article, and I hope the writer accomplishes their goals.

iam4evermyselfThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This truly tells about m, and in inspring