Someone Who Has Inspired Me | Teen Ink

Someone Who Has Inspired Me

My family is very important to me; they have encouraged me through good times and supported me through bad. My family has shaped who I am today and has always been there for me. I have seven aunts, nine uncles, thirteen cousins and a brother named William and a sister named Shauney. Out of my thirty one family members there is one I particularly look up to beyond all the rest, my Aunt Erin.

My Aunt Erin has been by my side since the day I was born, she has supported me through numerous school activities such as cross country running races and outdoor track meets, but has also been by my side through many road races, and included me in marathons she has done as well. She is not only my aunt, god mother, running buddy and friend, but a role model to me as well and I look up to her eminently.

My aunt has inspired me to aim for my goals, work hard at it, and achieve. She graduated CVU High School; College bound and attended Johnson state college with an aspiration to become a special educator. There at Johnson she attended school for four years, worked exceedingly hard, was placed in the hall of fame with a soccer award, and graduated. She now works at Hinesburg community school as a special educator for k-2nd graders, and achieved her goal.

When you’re young you are told that anything is possible if you set your mind to it, or at least that’s what my mom would always tell me. But as you mature and become more sophisticated, you realize that you are in fact limited to specific opportunities based on the direction you chose to take, and the decisions you make. I personally believe that not everyone can be successful in achieving their goals, but that everyone is given the opportunity and for me it’s how hard I chose to work on achieving my goals, and how important it is to me to succeed.

My aunt encourages me, and I will strive to be like her. My goal is to become a dental assistant, it has been a passion of mine for quite a while and although my interests in careers has switched around a lot over the years, I have finally found the career path I choose to take. My goal has also always been to find a career in which I can help people no matter where I end up in the work force and I find dental assisting to be rather fitting. I admire the people who partake in this career, and I look forward to foreshadowing one of the dental assistants in my office within the next month or so, to get a greater idea as to what they do.

When given the opportunity I have no doubt that I can achieve my goal, because I am ambitious, determined, dedicated, distinguished and when I set a goal for myself, I work hard to achieve it.

My college Essay, any thoughts?