Old Suburgatory (revised) | Teen Ink

Old Suburgatory (revised)

Waking up every day at the same time and walking out the door to a familiar friendly face, a short drive from the city yet an even shorter drive to the country. Those are just a few of the things Suburgatory, USA has to offer. It offers the serenity of a backyard hammock and real life stop and go traffic on Main Street. But Suburgatory does more than offer you a nice tranquil setting, safety insured neighborhoods and the convenience of having everything you need close to home. Suburgatory shapes who you are as a person. Suburgatory molded my personality into the person I am today. Through all my experiences in Suburgatory I’ve learned valuable life lessons that unbeknownst to me, have prepared me for life outside the confines of my hometown.

My experience in Suburgatory can be compared to the exploits of the Foreman basement gang in That’s 70's Show. You never know what’s going to happen next. In Suburgatory you can hang around in your basement with your friends and not get bored or go down to the local pizza joint and grab a bite and speak your mind. There will be a running gag going on for weeks that only the kids in your group can comprehend. Though Suburgatory is more than a TV skit, it’s a real life, never the same once in a lifetime experience. Suburgatory is where I started my life and the place I can credit to the foundation I have today. It’s not just a hometown, its family. Suburgatory is the place where you’ll always know someone when you come back because they never wanted to leave home. You’ll always have family in Suburgatory, whether or not it’s really yours. In Suburgatory you can experience a lifetime of experiences without leaving your town, not too big, not too small, and all home. It' all at your disposal, it's all what you make of it.

A revised copy of the essay i previously posted. Haven't done spell checks and just looking for some constructive criticism.