Who I Am and Who I Am Becoming | Teen Ink

Who I Am and Who I Am Becoming

By KlarissaS GOLD, Ephraim, Utah
KlarissaS GOLD, Ephraim, Utah

Who am I and who am I becoming? We must first know who we are to decide what it is we want to become. After 17 years I feel like I know who I am, so the question remains, who am I to become? Tony Robbins said, “Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.” So I only hope to become something more by bettering myself each day so I can be able ‘to give something back’.

So who am I? I am the daughter of Shane and Lori, I have four brothers, and I am a high school student. Some of my hobbies are soccer, basketball, softball, tennis, swimming, camping, hunting, hiking, fishing, reading, playing the piano and violin, running, riding bikes, hanging out with family and friends, and eating. I like food, sports, shopping, and making people happy. What am I trying to become? My goals include having my own family, receiving a Master’s degree, and living a long and happy life. My dreams include but are not limited to being in four places at once, building a home for the needy and poor in foreign countries, inspiring and moving others, traveling the world, locating 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney, and drinking blue Gatorade out of a Windex bottle while walking down the street. But I really do want to be an inspiration to others.

Who am I? I am someone who is hoping to reach my goals and dreams and one day be something more.

So how do I get from what I am to what I want to become? How do I change dreams and ideas into a reality? Well first I make sure the Windex bottle is really clean, then I take the Gatora… ? No, I make a plan, I break it down into simple steps and write them down. I get my hopes not just in my mind but on a piece of paper where others can see. I look at the examples from the past, good or bad. I understand what helped them get through an obstacle, or what created the bump in the road. I set my path and try to follow it.

So who am I? I am someone who is trying to reach my dreams; I am someone who is trying to be something more.

Once decided on my course of action, I resolve to stick to it. Trials will come up, hopes will fall down. Discouragement and doubt is possible but determent and dissuasion are not. I will not forget my goals or my tenacity for them. I know that it is ultimately up to me to choose my attitude and work ethic and whether or not I do my best. And in the end, as long as I do my very best, I will be who I wanted to become.
So who am I? I am someone who is going to reach their goals, aspirations, and ambitions. And I am going to give something back by becoming something more.