Old Suburgatory

By , Niskayuna, NY
Waking up everyday at the same time and walking out the door to a familiar friendly face, a short drive from the city yet an even shorter drive to the country. Those are just a few of the things Suburgatory, USA has to offer. It offers the serenity of a backyard hammock and real life stop and go traffic on Main Street.
My experience in Suburgatory can be compared to the exploits of the Foreman basement gang in That's 70's Show. You never know whats going to happen next. In Suburgatory you can hang around in your basement with your friends and not get bored, or go down to the local pizza joint and grab a bite and speak your mind. In Suburgatory you can experience a lifetime of experiences without leaving your town, not to big, not to small, and all home. It all at your disposal, it's all what you make of it.

dolphincrazy226 said...
Don't know if my origional response was sent in, sorry if it repeats.  Very nice, need to change the "to" to "too" in the last part.  Also, elaborate on how your experiences living in "suburgatory" affectedyou individually.  Specific incidences that show a bit of your personality might be add a little more pizazz.  Great job, and remember, this essay is about you.  Show them how awesome you are!:)  and good luck (from someone who is... (more »)

dolphincrazy226 said...
Good idea, using the series to compare your life to.  Colleges like when people cite books or TV shows like that, it shows that you actually do somehting with your life.  Also, in that last part, you should change that "to" to "too" for gramatical reasons.  But what was the question of the essay?  Did it ask about you at all?  if so, try and add a bit more about how living in "Suburgatory" shaped you as a person.  Elaborate on the examp... (more »)