Chevy Aveo | Teen Ink

Chevy Aveo

As I insert the key into the ignition of my 2006 Chevy Aveo, I pause for a second and take a deep breath. “Please don’t fail me this time Ole Faithful”, for my little beat-up car is known for its bad luck and awful retail value. But somewhere along the line, that atrocious black vehicle has slowly become apart of me, describing myself in ways I never thought were possible.

My car is only seven years old and has already been put through the worst possible situations an automobile could go through. Me, I am seventeen and have been put through some pretty tough conditions throughout life. Even though we are both so young and eager to explore this crazy world, giving up is not an option for there will always be a car mechanic or even a shrink that can fix us.

If somebody would have told me years ago that my car would change who I was I would have never believed it. It is still absurd to me that my dented up, no side view mirror, and detached bumpers type of car taught me an important life lesson: “never give up, no matter what you are going through”. I will take this quote with me when I start to plan the next phase in my life and cannot wait to see what this world has planned for Ole Faithful and I.

hey yall im thinking about using this as a college essay but im not sure!?! any thoughts??