The Practices I Conquer

The practices I conquer that very day relinquish any fears I had achieving my goals. I gaze into the sky that lay before me as I walked towards the door. My heart pounded dangerously the door opened with sweat running down my face and the cashier stared at me as if I was crazy. She did not know this was war between the mountain and me. I paid the cashier and got my harness and shoes. I made my way through the marshmallow like surface sticky and impossible to walk through. I maneuver towards the big mountain I reach for the hook than locked myself in. The first step reminded me walking into the parking lot of the college right than I knew that where my journey had begun. It was like yesterday my aunt , mom and I made my way through the gargantuan parking lot To the admission building my hands became sweaty as I waited for the tour guide to direct us towards the other applicants .

I took my first step up the mountain the hard rock sticking out the mountain reminded me of the Horace Mann building. It made me realize my passion for helping other I can give great wisdom and inspire a devoted student. I can only hope to be a part of this school so I can fulfill my dream of becoming a counselor. As I continue to climb up the mountain toward a school with great academic achievement a school where I feel I belong. Going to this school encourage me to exceed. Therefore I will be able to give inspiration to other like the time I inspired my friend to chase her dreams . I took step after step up the mountain and the Finish line was near the anticipation grew as I took my last step I made my way to the top. A victory i achieve through my endurance and humility something I had learn from my practice of Tae Kwon Do to never give up and to prevail . There for I hope I’ll will make my way back to the parking lot as a freshmen.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

maleenajThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
comment tell me wat you think