My Role Model | Teen Ink

My Role Model

May 19, 2008
By Anonymous

Many people have role models or people they look up to in their life. Whether it be a actress, super hero, sports star, or just someone you admire they inspire you and the decisions you make. For me, that person is my mom she is very beautiful, successful. Ever since I could remember she has been right beside me supporting any dream or goal I was trying to reach. When I am older I hope I could be there for my kids the way she is for me.

The first thing I admire is her beauty. No matter if she is dressed casual or professional she always looks clean cut and ready for anything that may come up. She has a beautiful big white smile that can warm up a room. She has very high cheekbones, which many people wish they were born with. Her eyes are a very light brownish green color, just looking into them you can see all the love she has for others. My mom is pretty tall I would say, but not to tall. I am very lucky to of inherited my moms genes.

Now my mom isn’t all looks, she also has brains. She got her undergraduate at Cal State Long Beach, and went on to getting her Masters degree at Arizona State University in teaching. She has been teaching at Rhodes Junior High for almost 10 years as a seventh grade science teacher. To this day she still loves every minute of it. She is a very hard worker and makes sure that every lesson she teaches keeps the students interested and learning. She goes over and beyond for her students and does her best to make sure everything is to its full potential before presenting it to her class. I hope that when I am older, in what ever career I choose, I will work just as hard to be as successful as my mom.

Last, but certainly no where near the least, my mom has always been there for me to make sure every dream or goal I may have is reached. Ever since I can remember my mom has done whatever she could to help me succeed in numerous things. Whether I was struggling in a class, driving me wherever I needed to be, or just needed someone to be there for support, my mom was always the first one there. In ninth grade I became very sick and fell far behind in school. I almost didn’t pass a few classes due to absence’s, but my mom worked with me, stayed up late to help me, and talked to my teachers asking for extensions so I could get caught up and move on to the tenth grade with no worries of the past. Many parents I know would just leave it up to their kids and if they didn’t pass they didn’t pass. Not my mom I’m fortunate enough to have a thoughtful enough mom to push me and help me through the hard times. Also, I have been dancing since the age of two, and competing in competitions since I was five. A big part of dance life is traveling, for the most part, pretty far. With my dad always gone on business trips I depended on my mom to get me to the places I needed to be. No matter what she was doing, she made sure I was there and on time with all my costumes, make up, and dance shoes ready to perform. I know that if it wasn’t for her going through such great lengths for me I would never been able to experience everything I have so far.

Everyone has that one person they look up to as a role model; to me there is none other than my mom. She has beauty, brains, and one of the biggest hearts I know. Without her in my life I have no idea where I would be. Someday, when I am married and have children of my own, I hope I can be just as great of a mom to them as my mom has been for me.