Senior Capsule | Teen Ink

Senior Capsule

Senior Capsule

“So, has anyone figured out what they want to put in this year’s time capsule?” Coach Hardesty asked his StuCo students.

“Coach, I got an idea for how we can decorate it,” answered Abbey.

“You already know that every year the principals design our capsule since they can not put some thing in it,” Kevin replied.

I already knew what I wanted to put in the senior time capsule. Last year my sister, Kiecharita and her boyfriend only put a picture of themselves in it. I did not see the point in putting a picture of you and your boyfriend in a time capsule. However, she said that Shawn is special to her and that she is in love with him. Also, Coach Hardesty said you have to put something in there so I guess that was her item.

The first thing I wanted to put in the capsule was my prom dress. It was only a week ago that I wore it. It is a light blue floor length gown with diamond sort of sprinkled on the strap around my neck. I do not know how much it cost because I received it as a gift from my Aunt when she came back from Paris. No matter what the cost I absolutely love it.

My second item would be my journal. Of course I do not want anyone to read it today or tomorrow even, but 20 years from now it would not matter who read it. My diary holds my inner thoughts. My life and everything about me that I thought was important.

“Alexis…Alexis.”

Coach Hardesty was calling me but I was distracted by thinking about what I was going to put in the capsule. However, most times I ignored him on purpose.

“Yeah,” I replied.

“I wanted to know if you wanted to put anything in the time capsule, but since you find day dreaming more important you can talk to me when it is convenient with you,” Coach Hardesty said with a sarcastic tone.

“Well, actually I was just writing some things down that I might put into the capsule.”

After Mr. Hardesty interrupted me I came up with the perfect item to put in the time capsule, him. Even as hilarious as that was, I know that would not work because the capsule would run from him with the strong body odor he has.

Although I could not put Coach Hardesty in there I would like to put our school newspaper in there, The Pirates Log. I am so happy because this month my article made front page. In 20 years I probably will not remember what I wrote, but I wrote it and that is all that matters. I also want to put a newspaper in their so I will know what happened then that happened now.

amdrake00 said...
Thanks for the votes and comments to come. I wrote this paper for my EnglishII class. I have a paper that I also wrote about my dad's stroke. [[R.I.P.]] But that will be posted soon as well.

momofall said...
Way to go Alexis, I think that it's great that you recognize the importance of history. No, today probably would not be a good day to read your inner most thoughts but tomorrow is the future and theres is no telling telling what the future world holders may be able to determine when they read about your life 20 years prior. Stay strong in your goals and ambitions.