How is it possible that one person who you may not know can change your life in a matter of minutes? | Teen Ink

How is it possible that one person who you may not know can change your life in a matter of minutes?

It’s possible in the nursing field.
Each day nurses have the opportunity to take care of countless patients with the potential of saving lives or caring for the sick. Throughout my teenage life, I have been in one way or another caring for various family members. I’ve had the experience of watching nurses take care of my family members and have had first hand experience through my volunteer work at Northwest Community Hospital.
Through volunteering at the hospital I have learned many things about myself which has lead me to pursue my education and a future career as a nurse. I am compassionate, caring, intrigued, self-motivated, all characteristics that are important in the nursing field.
My cousin Brogan was born three months premature and over his ten years I have spent countless hours taking care of him and learning more about his condition of cerebral palsy. He has taught me patience, unconditional love and how the health effects of someone’s life can change the family dynamics.
Sitting by my grandfather’s side while he was in the hospital this past year was very difficult and at the same time inspirational. It was three long days, three days that I watched nurses and doctors care for my grandfather. And although my grandfather passed away, I saw how much time and effort was put into his care. It was during this time that I realized my passion to become a nurse. I was inspired by how caring, upbeat, and knowledgeable the nurses that took care of him were.
These events made me realize that nurses make a major contribution to the medical field and are very knowledgeable people. I see nursing as a way that I can give back to society just like the nurses that cared for my grandfather did.
To me, it is intriguing how someone who is in extreme pain gets transported to a hospital where a bunch of people they don’t know are waiting to take care of them. The more amazing part is that these people work their hardest to save people’s lives, most of whom they have never met before.
Illinois State University has a very reputable nursing program which will provide me with the best education and hands on experience necessary to make me the best nurse possible. By selecting me into the nursing program you will have my commitment to be the best student I can be, I will be able to provide insight, a willingness to learn, and a passion for the nursing field.
Nursing is a field which is constantly growing and expanding its influence in the medical field and I would be honored to be a part of the Illinois State University community, whose nursing program is second to none.

Nursing is a field in which you can make a difference in the world by helping one person at a time.

on Jan. 22 2012 at 10:49 pm
is this one of the greatest essays? Not bad, but seems just mideocre to me..

sammie said...
on Sep. 30 2010 at 10:11 am
good essay it inspirse mealot