Writing My Own Story | Teen Ink

Writing My Own Story

By Brooke244 BRONZE, Smithtown, New York
Brooke244 BRONZE, Smithtown, New York

"When did creating a flawless facade become more vital than loving the person who lives inside your skin?" -PERFECT by Ellen Hopkins

Everyone has a different story. Sometimes living my own story gets tiring and I just need an escape from everything going on in my life. I think that is why I’ve taken a liking to writing. I enjoy researching about different diseases and disorders that people have to live with daily and I try to create a story around those things. I think that is how I became interested in biology and medicine. I feel like looking at different topics and writing about those topics, give me insight on how the other people have to live, even if it is fictional. I believe that college will allow my mind to explore with the new people I’ll meet and the new experiences I will live. College is so diverse from states to personalities, and I’m excited to see how that will develop my stories.

Writing stories has become apart of my everyday life. I’ve seen throughout my writing that if I stop for even a day the story will not have the same affect. Writing is something I do every day even if it is only a sentence. Even though I do not plan on majoring in English, I do plan to continue writing. It is almost like a closet passion of mine. Not many people know that I write stories because it is my own thing. I like having something that is just mine that I can be proud of. I kind of think of my stories as my journal or dairy, even though it’s not about myself, but it’s something just for me.

College will open my eyes to different types of people and stories that will allow my writing to grow. College could also spark an idea that can create a new story and eventually become a published book. This is an interest of mine that I don’t see myself losing. This interest has shown me how to observe different people, research different things, and helped me explore who I am as a person.