The Dream | Teen Ink

The Dream

February 10, 2012
By Anonymous

Napoleon Hill, an author in the 1900’s once wrote, “A goal is a dream with a deadline.” This seems to prove true for almost all goals. There are a lot of step that we must take to reach our goal. Many may approach their goals in different ways than others. I have three major goals that will help me be very successful in my future life. I first plan to be happy regardless of what I choose to do, second to graduate from college, and third to further my education in med school to become an anesthesiologist.

I want to be satisfied with my decisions, to be able to accept and forgive, and most of all to be able to live up with the expectations I have for myself. I’ve lived in America for 3 years, leaving Vietnam for a better education. My sister, who is now attending Metro community college, and I who will attend next year will be the first generation of my family to graduate from college. I realize I cannot set my goals and dreams on the basis of others and I need to achieve things for myself. I will only accomplish my goal in being happy when I am able to live my life for myself and still able to love and support others.

A college education will prepare me for a professional career by providing a more advanced course curriculum, opportunities on the job training, and enhancement of communication and socialization skills. I believe that a college education is a very important asset when seeking a professional career. In this day and age, a high school education is not enough for the demanding workforce. A high school education alone is only an introduction to the educational background that I will need to prepare myself for success. With strength, determination, and a college education, I will broaden my knowledge of future aspirations as I work toward accomplishing my career goals.

My chosen career path to become an anesthesiologist has been an ongoing source of personal inspiration and growth. It could be a great connection to others as well as a source of giving and receiving knowledge. My parents inspired me to become a pharmacist by having such high expectations of me. They also worked hard to give me the best education they could. However, I want to go my own way instead of following the path my parents want me to go down. I want to be happy in what I do, and with what I can accomplish as an individual aspiring to be an anesthesiologist.

To be happy regardless of what I choose to do, to graduate from college, and to further my education to become an anesthesiologist are my goals for the next five years. Those are my goals I believe that would help me become successful in my future life. There are many people who have achieved their goals. I know that I still have a lot to do and a long way to go in order to reach my goals.