PaSsIoN fOr FiLm <3 :)

There is a difference between a dreamer and a doer- result. Everybody has a dream. My dream is to become a well-known director, cinematographer, and/or screen play writer. Two words that represent the difference between me and most others are “dedication” and “action”. Dreams without actions stay dreams; but dreams with actions create magic.

While other elementary school children watched SpongeBob and other cartoons, I was busy creating my own show. As a child I would play with cameras and create humorous videos with my younger sister or write plays that I would act out with my cousins. What started off as a mere hobby has turned into a serious vision; after many years of joking around, I can picture myself fulfilling my passion- that is, pursuing a solid career in the film/cinematography field.
Before committing to a major, I decided to get some hands-on experience. Last year I was accepted into a Television class. In the class I have learned about advertisement, camera angles, editing, and much more. As a student in this class I realize now that this could be more than a hobby for me. Though many do not believe in majoring and/or trying to uphold a career in the arts, I believe that anyone can reach greatness in doing what they love. Life is short and I do not plan on wasting time on a career that’s not appealing.

My vision is to create a movie that people will recognize for years. The thing that drives me is my determination and passion to create a legacy like the making/writing of a movie possibly as big as “Titanic” or the “Harry Potter” series. I realize that before venturing off into the world of film/cinematography, I must first obtain a proper education. If accepted into Philadelphia University, I will help maintain its reputation of safe and friendly environment with excelling students and notable alumni. Everyone has a dream; with the help of Philadelphia University, I can definitely