college essay | Teen Ink

college essay

By bany22 BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
bany22 BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

People have choices. Some pick the right ones and others pick the wrong ones. The people who make the right choices are the ones who do things with their lives that they love and enjoy, but the people who make the wrong choices are the ones who complain about how their lives suck and blame the rich for their problems. Not all people who make the wrong decisions in life are like that, but there are plenty of them who like to yell at those who make the right decisions in life because they have nice things and they don’t. My entire life has been around good decisions and that’s why I live the way I do.
I have lived in the middle class my entire life and been hassled about it for my entire high school career. Everyone I know thinks I’m a spoiled kid just because I live on a lake with a boat, have snowmobiles and have a car. Well they’ve been wrong for four years and I’ve hated this reputation for that four years. What no one realizes about me is that I don’t own any of the stuff my parents have. My parents never bought me a car, boat, or car. The only reason why I live in a great environment is because my parents made great decisions in life that let them live the way they do. I’m not one of those kids who uses their parents to buy them things, or give them money just because. At my household, if I want money or have fun then I have to work for it.

The work I’ve done for my parents takes hard work, patience, and time , but I always tell myself that something good will happen from all this. One deal my parents and I made was if I keep a 3.0 GPA or higher, than they will pay for my insurance and half of the gas in the car. So far, I have been able to keep my grades good enough to have a 3.0 GPA and the way I have done this is by working hard and making good choices in life.

My life has been based on good decisions. I made a decision to try my hardest in school and keep a 3.0 GPA, which let me be able to drive a car and hopefully go to a great college. I’m one of those people who will get right back up after a huge hit. I have worked hard to achieve who I am today and hope someday my hard work pays off.