wsu college essay | Teen Ink

wsu college essay

November 4, 2011
By gage daniels BRONZE, Sumas, Washington
gage daniels BRONZE, Sumas, Washington
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Indicate a person who has had a significant influence on you, and describe that influence.


Everyone always has that one person in life that they always look up to, or want to be like them. Rob Brommer was my hero and the person I looked up to. He was a family man, caring person and someone who was always there for anyone.

He was always there for anyone who needed help, even if he didn’t know you. He loved to make people happy, if you where happy then so were he. Rob never showed any thing that was bothering him, and was always smiling. When he found out he had cancer at the age of 45, never once did he show that he was sad. Cancer couldn’t bring this man down, still walked around with his head held high. When rob was on his last few days he still talked like nothing was wrong, worked like nothing was wrong and made sure he visited with his friends and family.

Rob worked for the city, and was always driving around in the mornings to wave to all the kids he knew waiting at the bus stop. On Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday nights he ran the youth center, it was a place for kids to come who were the ages of 10-18. While his family was at home he was at the youth center on those nights hanging with kids, so he didn’t have to worry about them getting into trouble on the streets, he cared for everyone and was not selfish.

This is the kind of man I want to be when I am an adult. I want to live life to the fullest and show that I care for everyone not just myself. I want people to enjoy being around me, and be the best family man possible.


The author's comments:
it is a short subject on a college ap essay