World Burns Outside... | Teen Ink

World Burns Outside...

September 24, 2011
By Magnes SILVER, Trinagle, Virginia
Magnes SILVER, Trinagle, Virginia
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Hurricane Irene has reached Virginia and it rains outside. I think that when it rains its God crying. He cries for the lost lives, the lost souls in the world, he cries for the innocents, the cruelty and the mishaps in the world. I watched a documentary on Demi Moor's trip to Nepal, where she visits a non-profit organization called Maiti Nepal in order to educate herself on human trafficking.

I cried out for the innocent girls in the documentary, the lost children and the lost souls. I cry for the pain and the abuse, the wretched and the misunderstood, and for those who are forever silenced or have given up hope. My heart feels like it weighs a million pounds because it holds the world with every beat. What can I do, where do I turn when with every beat my heart takes I cry for the humanity.

The planet is so dark and cruel that I find myself asking God why. Why must people suffer, why do things happen to good people, why is the world burning and there seems to be nothing we can do about it. I could cry a river full and my questions would not be answered. Yet I search for them with every move I make and every breath I take.

Africa is going into famine, America is flooding, Asia is crumbling and Europe is burning and Antarctic is melting. Wars are being fought that never end, women, men, children are being trafficked, basic human rights forgotten. Yet we sit and watch the world turn.

I scream to the heavens and ask why God has forgotten us, why has his precious creation fallen from grace? Why must the innocent suffer and why he let it happen. Then I realize that he cries too, he cries and his tears flood our streets.

The lord is my savior and I shall not want, he leads me in the way of the righteous for his name sake. The lord is my savior, Lord hear my cry, a cry from the inside. I cry to you , oh heavenly Father to make my life worth something more then dust. My hands shall reach millions, my voice shall greet the masses, my feet shall walk the journey and my lips shall say the words of us to generations next. Inside of me a fire burns, lit by the people of the world. I will not sit and see the women abused and children mistreated. I will not stand for the disrespect of mothers and I will not tolerate the ignorance of man.

Every life on earth has a purpose, we are all put on this earth for a reason. We must find our voices and speak. Speak for justice and tolerance, speak for righteousness. Speak for the little girl in the street, looking for a family to call her own, for the little boy looking for a father to teach him how to be a man and for the mother to cradle him in her arms.

The Lord is my savior, my Sheppard and my redeemer ,so I cry along with him as the rain pours, for I see his creation burning and his souls stolen. I wonder if the sun will ever shine again, for I believe that God almighty has a plan. In the end I hope he uses my life as a gateway for others. I want my hands to reach the world, my voice to be heard by billions and my footsteps to count the miles in love.