On Forrest Gump as a Personal Inspiration This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

(The following response is best read in a thick Alabama accent)

Mama always said I could learn plenty from Forrest Gump. It's true. Gump is a personal inspiration because it fits so many lessons in its 142-minute run, inspires me to be a better person, and enjoy what life has to offer. But let me be more specific:

I've since made many friends by introducing myself and offering 'em chocolate.

"Dontcha dream about who you'll be, Forrest?"
"Aren't-aren't I gonna be me?"
Gump taught me to be myself, not to aim to live someone else's life, and to focus on being the best I can be.

Generosity. I now cut proverbial grass for free by tutoring kids at my school, and helping out my community.

I've personally dealt with tragedy (death of a family member), but I focus on the future because, "Mama always said you've got to put the past behind you before you can move on." I think about the future a lot. I want to be a physicist to study the wonders of the universe and contribute to the future with my share of innovations, advancements 'n such.

Gump shows that when running through life, you'll encounter some "stuff." It happens. You just keep right on running.

I now push myself all the time. When I run to a goal, I figure I might as well keep going. When I'm the top student in my school's French program, I figure I might as well study more and compete nationally (I ranked 2nd place nationally).

My life is better thanks to Forrest Gump, my personal inspiration.

And that’s all I have to say about that.

Ilya Desputes said...
I love this article. thanks for posting. it really does help to see great examples of college essays

lkjh said...
wow how witty and smart! i read it in the accent, it makes it all the more cool!

Geronimstanford said...
wow this works on so many levels. showcases wit, personality, insight, and shows us your writing talent and answers the question with originality. bravo!

Bananachicago said...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 10:42 am
what a great response looks like mreally. my uncle works as an admissions officer and I've seen plenty of examples of the good and the bad. this essay is "the great". cheers on your talent. 

Octopusstudent said...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 10:37 am
I love Forrest ump, and I love your essay!

Novascotia said...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 10:33 am
can I give this 6 stars? I really loved it. 

Screenname said...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 10:30 am
encore encore encore!

Mojochocoivy said...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 10:25 am
I loved this article! I actually read the authors comments first, so I knew what the question you were answering was, and then actually read the essay in a Forrest Gump like accent! I couldnt stop smiling! just by reading this, I can tell you have a great, fun personlityand are also very smart and talented. thanks for the great example on how to respond to a question for college!

Collegeadvisor said...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 10:21 am
wow what a witty response. overall an excellent, quality essay. I hope this goes in print! cheers and thank you for sharing with us all, the article was excellent and well-written. you truly have talent.