Special Delivery This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When it arrives in the mail you can sense what it says from the minute you grab it from the unsuspecting mailman's hands. Its weight rests in the palm of your hand and a thin layer of paper and glue lie between you and the realization of your dreams or of your greatest fear.

You have looked through the catalogs and you have compared the offerings. Prices were considered along with size. Finally you came to a decision on what it was you wanted.

It is more than a month that you've been waiting for this package. But there it lies, unopened with the promise of your future bearing down on your shaky hand as your mind races with the possibilities. What if this? or What if that?

Your eyes have waited patiently for this moment and can suffer no longer. Take a deep breath and open your acceptance letter. f