Life of a College Student | Teen Ink

Life of a College Student MAG

An interview with Bill Fitzgerald, a college freshman.

What are some differences between high schooland college life?

The main difference is the incredible increasein free time. In high school, every day was a constant grind and I neverhad any free time. In college I have a surplus. Instead of classes sixhours a day, they take up a mere three hours. I'm no longer forced tosit in the same building all day. This newfound time provides manyluxuries that can easily be abused. I can be productive or goofoff.

What is most difficult, or stressful, about collegelife?

Time management. There were many times this semester when Ihad to write a paper and heard my friends were going to a party. Thatalways happened on days that I'd had time to get work done but hadwasted it instead. Then I couldn't go out.

What were yourbiggest fears about going off to school? What helped you overcomethem?

My biggest fear was how to adjust to this new freedom. Iknew living on my own meant my parents were not going to be breathingdown my neck to do my work. They were not going to have me home at acertain hour. I was in complete control. These two aspects of being onmy own were very exciting but I wondered how I would do without myparents holding my hand. Once things got rolling I realized I would beall right as long as I stayed motivated.

What advice canyou offer future freshman to make the adjustment processeasier?

Stay on top of things; don't get so caught up in thesocial atmosphere of college that you get behind in your studies -remember what you're there for. There is nothing worse than approachingthe end of a semester and realizing you have procrastinated so much youhave an impossible mountain of work. No one needs that added stress.

i love this so much!

kate123 said...
on Jan. 19 2017 at 11:24 am
The most stressful is the amount of homework that I have at college. I remember when I studied at college I spent a lot of nights over the books. I have found some articles how to deal with the stress, [url=https://handmadewritings.com/homework-help]read here[/url]. I am sure you will like it.