Nevaeh | Teen Ink

Nevaeh

By BigPimpin BRONZE, Sunnyside, Washington
BigPimpin BRONZE, Sunnyside, Washington

My niece Nevaeh is the most important person in my life. She brightens my day when it’s at it’s worst. She also knows how to put a smile on my face.

Nevaeh

I was the last one to find out. it was a sunday night and Isaac (my sister’s husband) and his parents came over for dinner and i remember watching t.v. when i heard “What are we gonna do about the baby?” and a big smile came to my face.

The pregnancy was a long one, especially for me since i wanted the baby to come out already. i remember one time hitting my sisters stomach (on accident). My sister was watching t.v. and she didn’t want to cough up the remote; i took it from her and she came running at me like a wild boar i stuck my leg out in defense and it hit her in her in her stomach “DON’T KICK ME IN MY STOMACH!” and she takes the remote and throws it at me. Time passes and then came the cramps and pains and finally time f or baby Nevaeh, waiting in the hospital was the longest moment of my life but the wait was well worth it. It was room 128 (i think) i waited outside with Steph and Homer; Homers grandma brings the Nevaeh and we get to see her for the first time. There she
was wrapped in a blanket with a beanie and her jet black hair sticking out of it.

Then at about 2 months it came time for them to head out to college. Great!, not really. i didn’t want them to leave, i wanted them to stay really bad, but they had to go. When it finally left to North Dakota it wasn’t until then that i really realized how much i cared for her. Luckily now they go to college in Boise and i get to see them more often. I love my niece Nevaeh and nothing is ever gonna change that.