My Brother | Teen Ink

My Brother

May 22, 2011
By Karly Evans BRONZE, Westlake, Texas
Karly Evans BRONZE, Westlake, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My brother has been one of the most influential people in my life. I have looked up to him as a role model as a person and as a Christian. He has always been someone that I could talk to about anything and would help me out with anything. It was not until I was in middle school and into high school that I really started appreciating the blessing he was in my life. I started realizing what an amazing Godly man he was.

When I was in middle school I saw him transform into a man of Christ and he inspired me to pursue a relationship with Christ and pushed me to become challenged in my walk with Christ. Before I saw his transformation I did not have a real relationship with Christ, but just through his actions I saw what it was like to follow Christ. He also pushed me to switch from a public school to Liberty Christian. I saw from him how much he was growing in the Lord and that was what I wanted. He knew so much about the bible and I wanted to know all the facts and become knowledgeable about Christ. I made the switch and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I got to be with my brother everyday and it made my day when he would stop in the hallway to check up on me and always make sure I was ok.

My brother has been such an impact on my life and I don’t even think he realizes it. Now that he is at college he still checks up on me pretty much every day and when he comes home for a break he will just sit in my room and talk with me for hours at night. He always has something to say to make me roll on the floor laughing, but he also always has something knowledgeable to say that will stick with me the rest of my life. Even though it took me a little while to realize the blessing that my brother is, I thankfully came around and saw that he is one amazing man and I am so lucky to have him as my big brother.