my college essay | Teen Ink

my college essay

May 4, 2011
By mamideanaya BRONZE, Ferndale, Washington
mamideanaya BRONZE, Ferndale, Washington
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Why is post-secondary education important? Well it is important to me, because education is an investment to my future. My future income is going to come from my post-secondary education. There is a particular career I want to be in which is health care. Health care has always appealed to me in many different ways. Health care is always in demand, so I don’t have to constantly worry about having a job especially with how the world’s economy is changing. In health care most people make a sufficient amount of money which is something I need.

I enjoy helping people and I’m a very caring person. So what better field to work in than health care? You help people when they are sick and make them all better. It’s not as easy as with my daughter where I only have to kiss her boo boo, put a band aid on her and give her a candy.

Post-secondary education will also lead to having a career and a steady income. Which it will come in handy especially since I’m a single teen mom and I want to be able to support my daughter. I don’t want to have to worry about if I’m going to be able to put food on the table.

When I found out I was pregnant it was like reality smacking me across the face. I all of a sudden felt so many different emotions like being protective and wanting the best for my daughter. I also had this huge responsibility to have to support a small child for the rest of my life. Well, at least until she is 18 and decides to move out. She is my inspiration to why I really want to have a post-secondary education.

There are many things that come with being a mom including my favorite mommy ears. I can be far away and hear everything. This is a pretty neat power don’t you think? I guess it comes with the package. Since I can hear everything when I’m in class I can hear the teacher well. I’m just waiting for the eyes in the back of my head to show up. I have many attributes that could be useful in my post-secondary education and my career choice. Like I’m responsible, outgoing, easy to get along with, caring, helpful, and considerate, I like to learn new things, and I always like a challenge.

So, as you can see post-secondary education is good for everyone especially for someone in my position. Ever since my daughter walked into my life it changed everything. I never knew such a small thing could affect me in such a big way. She is my inspiration, all I have to do is take a look at her and it’s like a burst of energy of some sort that allows me and pushes me to do what I have to do, because I want her to have more than I had as well as a good life. I really think I would make a good nurse and a good addition to the health care unit as well as in your college.


The author's comments:
i did this for my english class