My Future

“Laugh often, dream big, reach for the stars!” That’s exactly what I do and I’m not planning on stopping anytime soon. In June I will graduate from high school and I already have my life planned out. In college I will obtain a bachelor’s degree in education, a master’s degree in library science, with a minor in accounting. After college I will travel and help others by passing on my knowledge.
My passion is knowledge. I love learning new things. I don’t want to keep it all just for myself. I have the desire to share my knowledge with elementary students. Knowledge is power; I firmly believe that education is the key to a better life. If individuals are equipped with knowledge then they can go out to the world and do much good for society. My objective is to become a bilingual teacher and specialize in reading. I want to tutor students in reading until they have mastered the art of reading themselves.
Secondly, my love for books has lead me to conclude that I will obtain a master’s in library science. I want to specialize in children’s literature. I will help people especially children have easy access to books. My main goal as a librarian will be to have children immersed in literature. “Books are like friends you can never have too many” (Grandfather Reads).
Thirdly, I want to obtain a minor in accounting. With an accounting background I will be able to assist people with notary and tax issues. My greatest satisfaction will be to serve low-income people.
Apart from my career goals, I want to enjoy life and be a good person. Dream number one on my agenda is to ride a hot air balloon. I want to feel the sensation of lifting off in a basket and moving along with the flow of the air. Then, in my time off during the summers I want to travel the around the world. The top four places I have in mind now are the Holy Land (Israel), Rome (Italy), Machu Picchu (Perú), and Spain. After a couple of years working as a teacher, I want to open a learning center in my dad’s village, in Guanajuato (México). Since it is a village there are not a lot of educational resources. I want to make a center where children can go after school to obtain the resources to complete their homework and expand their knowledge. I also want to have classes for the adults where they can learn to read or write, provide them with access to information, and guide them to the proper services.
Lastly, I want to secure the future of my family. My main responsibility with my parents is to help pay for the house where we live. Secondly, I want to create a savings account for my brother. The money will go to his post-secondary education. The greatest gift I will receive is to see him graduate from college.
To conclude, I have many goals for the future. My goals include becoming an educator, a librarian, a tax preparer, have fun, help people, and ultimately be a light to others. “You may say I’ m a dreamer but I’ m not the only one” (John Lennon). I invite you to dream, for what is life without dreams!

Gamingot123 said...
Your writing is so Food it got me a leve 4 thank You so much

GrampsBake said...
Insightful; cool; you are moving forward. Love Gramps

ammy said...
Sept. 5, 2013 at 4:30 am
There is too much use of 'I' in the article and it lacks struture and a progressive plan.....though it sounds sincere and from the heart.....