'Me' Love | Teen Ink

'Me' Love

By crrraziinluv93 BRONZE, Rochester Hills, Michigan
crrraziinluv93 BRONZE, Rochester Hills, Michigan

"Love all, trust a few... This above all, to thine own self be true."-William Shakespeare

Wanted: Love.
It is not like there is a lack of love in my life. I have two wonderful parents, a huge family/tribe, and more best friends than I can count on my right hand. The homey atmosphere of my school, the cozy vibe I get walking downtown, I am surrounded by comfort and care. I consider the love in my life a blessing, the best one anyone could have.
In college, however, I want to fall in love. Maybe with a boy, maybe with a city, maybe with a subject of study—but I’m looking to fall in love with myself. Going through high school I haven’t quite found myself, and I hope that in college I can manifest into the ‘me’ I am meant to be. Through pursuing my educational goals, living in a city with endless opportunities and millions of people, I wish to gain a better picture of the person I am, or at least the person I hope to become. The city of Chicago is where I feel like I will best be able to find what I am looking for. Loyola University is the school where I can stay dedicated to helping people and learning from experience and others, while exploring who I am. This school stands for everything that I already believe in, but is in a city where I will be able explore a part of me that has yet to be discovered.
I’m a lover. It seems slightly narrow to think that someone’s personality can be defined by one word, but if I had to chose one, ‘lover’ would be it. I love everything about my life-from NHL games to Dancing with the Stars, family and friends, Zumba classes and Shakespeare, right down to the Nutella in my pantry. There seems to be a little bit more to life than Nutella, TV, and friends, however. It’s about finding inner beauty that can’t be defined by anything other than the one who beholds it.

This essay really embodies what I was personally looking for in a college--not only a place where I would find opportunity, excitement, and a little bit more of myself.

on Apr. 27 2011 at 11:02 am
karstarr13 BRONZE, Swansea, South Carolina
very good job! love it :)