Columbia College | Teen Ink

Columbia College

February 8, 2011
By Anonymous

Dance is life; dance is a form of expression and emotion. I dance not just for the fun it but because it gives me life and it all takes the hurt away. Dance should make one feel spontaneous and free. I chose to apply at Columbia College for many reasons; I’m just an ordinary girl from Detroit Michigan who has a dream, a big dream to have a wonderful experience at Columbia College. Columbia College caught my attention because being surrounded by people who are as passionate about dance as I am is what I’ve dreamt of. Although dance is not considered a real major to my mom, I know I have to do what makes me happy and to me dance is everything. Columbia College has life and I would love to be a part of it. The first thing I would love to do is become a part of the dance family. I want to learn the history of dance at Columbia and whatever there is possible to teach me. I’ve been waiting for this opportunity my whole life and I’m eagered to become a student of Columbia College not just because I love dance and but because I want to show you all that I can do it. I’m determined to be the best an all I need is your word.


The author's comments:
How is this for a college essay?