How will your presence enrich our community?

By , Merton, WI
Last night I cried. I saw something that really bothered me. I do not know why I did not do something about it yesterday…but I should have.
I saw her sitting there all alone. It might not bother her, but it bothers me. A whole table to herself. I wish someone would go up to her and ask her to sit by them at lunch.
Jane is my friend with special needs. I saw Jane sitting at lunch all alone. I went and said hi to her, but I do not have lunch that hour (if I did I would have invited her sit at my table). I went to class and did not think much of it. And then the next day, I saw her again. All alone at her own lunch table. And then today, I saw her again…And guess what? All alone. Again.
I went to class like I usually do, but for some reason I just kept thinking about Jane...And what I could do. I got home from school and did my usual thing: homework, dinner, shower, and bed. But in between shower and bed, I started crying. I thought about Jane. I had to do something.
I texted my friend Jenny. She shares a lunch hour with Jane. We texted for a while about how I thought someone should ask her to sit by them. Anyone could. I do not get why someone does not. After a while, Jenny said she would ask Jane to sit by her and her friends tomorrow at lunch.
Tonight when I go home, I will not cry. Because tomorrow at lunch when I see Jane, she will be sitting with people…And not all alone.