No Ordinary Girl | Teen Ink

No Ordinary Girl

By chelsea23 BRONZE, Bangor, Maine
chelsea23 BRONZE, Bangor, Maine

I've been sitting at my computer for a good 2 hours dreading the fact that I have to write a page or so, describing my academic goals and objectives or on a subject of personal choice, which could ultimately seal my fate in my college acceptance. I've spent most of my time reading through numerous college essays figuring out how I was going to come up with something that would separate me from thousands of applicants or even something remotely as good as the essays that I read.

Let me start out by saying that I am an ordinary girl who lives in an extraordinary world. I have a great family who may not be picture perfect, but they have molded me into the successful young women that I am today. I owe a lot to not only them, but also to my friends, specifically my best friend who has been my shoulder to lean on through the ups and downs of my life. I owe most of everything that I have become to them.

Ever sense I was in kindergarten, I have always know what I wanted to be when I grew up. For me it wasn't to be one of the Backstreet Boy's girlfriends, a model, and not even a super star. It was to be a teacher. My passion for children has only gotten stronger thru the years. I want to be a positive role model in there life, and help each one of them to be a successful member of society one day. I believe that they, like my peers and I are now, are the building blocks to the future. Our whole existence will one day lie in there hands, and to be a little piece of that is what I have been waiting for my whole life.

I guess I should have started by introducing myself, but theirs no time like the present. My name is Chelsea Collins. I am an intelligent, funny, and unique person. I am nothing other than myself. My whole life I have always strived to be somebody different...somebody special. But after 18 years of life and 2 hours of writing this essay I have realized that I was striving for something that I had accomplished at birth and that I am no ordinary girl. There is no other Chelsea Collins on this earth who is just like me. Out of billions of people I somehow shine through as an individual. And if you give me the honor of accepting me to your school, I can promise you that I won't let you down.