College essay | Teen Ink

College essay

November 1, 2010
By Anonymous

The way that I have approached my life has been greatly impacted by my soccer coach’s words. She says, “We need to achieve certain goals to succeed.” With hard work, I know that I can accomplish anything that I set my mind to. By setting goals in my life, I can overcome any obstacles that stand in my way. I envision myself fitting in at your University because I would be a great asset to the outstanding programs offered at your institution.
Despite the challenge, through hard work and determination I can see myself as a part of the incoming, Class of 2014. On a daily basis, I strive to set high goals and to achieve them. My experiences with soccer taught me to take one day at a time, remain focused and to be determined with everything I do. There was one game in particular that stood out from others. The turning point of all games was when my team defeated River Dell. They are our strongest opponents within the league. I knew we could beat them we just had to focus mentally.
As a varsity soccer player with a determined mindset allowed me to my fullest potential. Whether I’m on or off the field, I apply the same attitude towards other parts of my life. My desire to do well in life is key to my personal success. For instance, if you concentrate all your energy while studying, it will lead to a positive result. There are many components that are necessary for overcoming challenges.
Being a college student is not an easy task. Yet my drive and desire will enable me to thrive in and out of the classroom. I will motivate myself to study hard and get good grades. With a college degree from Long Island University, I can pursue a solid career. Obtaining an undergraduate degree, will allow me, to expand my academic knowledge and to learn essential life lessons.
The outstanding programs and faculty at Long Island University will enable me to excel and to go far in life. My passion to triumph in soccer has taught me to be optimistic. My physical and mental toughness has been molded through playing soccer. Having determination, desire and strength, I learned to succeed which I will apply to my academics at Long Island University.


The author's comments:
let me know how you think it is please :]