Music Is My Life

Bandie. That sums me up completely. In grade school, I would go to parades, just to see the bands. I would cheer and yell, and some of the band members would smile as they went by. Others took their marching seriously and never smiled, but I knew that they were happy to have some people cheering them on. During my fifth grade year in middle school, I bought my own instrument: my now beaten up, silver flute. From that day on I was a music freak. From my iPod, to my guitar, I have been playing music or singing it. Music has changed my life completely
During my four years of middle school, I had to march in eight parades, and got to know what it feels like to have people cheer me on, no matter how bad we sounded. As I grew older and moved up to high school, I had to go to what we call band camp. Band camp is a week long process of learning, and marching an entire half-time field show. It’s usually three to four songs long with lots of movement. When I joined band, in freshman year, I never knew how drastically it could change my life.
After my first year of band camp, I became more active, and I lost weight, which was my biggest issue, and is still a constant battle. Music changed that for me. Music gave me the energy and motivation to get involved with other sports. It helped me realize that I could have a better and healthier lifestyle. Music made me start dancing, without caring who was watching.
Before I started high school, I was shy, quiet, and unnoticed. When I joined band in high school, I changed. I became a better, more outgoing person. I got more involved with school, sports, and I even met guys, and started to date. I met so many people at the parades we would march in high school. The colleges we’d visit, and the college bandies we would meet. It was so new to me, and so exciting back then, that I never wanted to stop, and I haven’t yet. Music is the one thing in my life that makes sense and is a huge part of my life. Music is, and always will be my life, my soul, my greatest achievement, and my passion.

TrinityCreed said...
Nov. 23, 2010 at 8:36 am:
May I sugest something? In the sentence: "and I even met guys, and started to date." I wouldn't put that in a college app. Not to be cruel, but people really wouldn't care about that personal factor in you life. I would give it more work on it though, but not bad. Just needs some fix ups.   

music-is-my-lifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 16, 2010 at 8:57 am :
yay!!! i beat out travis! yessss! my life goal is complete!! jkjk i love ya travis!! lol

SeraphimTalmidim replied...
Dec. 16, 2010 at 9:14 am :
rlly though, summer how do u expect ppl to follow u? how do u expect to save this world when its already saved? hmmmm evr thought of that?

BrokenInnocence replied...
Dec. 16, 2010 at 9:26 am :
lol i meatn like poverty and stuff travis and i wan tto be a missionary in africa for a couple a months wht bout that?

BrokenInnocence replied...
Dec. 16, 2010 at 9:52 am :
ok hey hey alex! i found the college i think u were tlking aobut by complete accidnet. ok so a friend of mine( she does piano) just got into vandercook music college in chicage was i right? complete freak thing. :))) lol

SeraphimTalmidim replied...
Dec. 16, 2010 at 9:56 am :
a missionary to africa? hmm, good. but how r u gonna to aproach the ppl there? the y r lost, they either wouldnt care about u and not listen to u. im not trying to be mean, u just gotta prpare urself 4 this type of stuff. thats all. *BIG hug*

BrokenInnocence replied...
Dec. 16, 2010 at 9:58 am :
travis i would be trained by a mission group sent over with 12 other people on a mercy ship and then placed in uganda. im prepared, ive done research and have wanted to d this since i was six. :)

SeraphimTalmidim replied...
Dec. 16, 2010 at 10:02 am :
6 yrs old? u know thats the number of man, it falls short of God's number 7. hmmmmmmmmm

Dec. 16, 2010 at 10:51 am :
lol no, mine is Elmhurst College lol

BrokenInnocence replied...
Dec. 16, 2010 at 3:38 pm :
hmmmmmmmm back travis! :P lol jk and okie dokie then