If I Could Be Anything Other Than A Human Being, I Would Be... | Teen Ink

If I Could Be Anything Other Than A Human Being, I Would Be...

By B.G.Angel BRONZE, Sicklerville, New Jersey
B.G.Angel BRONZE, Sicklerville, New Jersey

If I could be anything other than a human being I would be a Queen’s royal jewel in crested crown. The Queen wouldn’t be the most beautiful thing in the country, I would. As a crown I would never age and would see the world change, I would be complimented on my beauty by people around me, and as the crown on the Queen’s head, I would be taken cared of greatly, and treated with respect.

First, as a crown I would never age and would see the world change. Being passed down to Queen to Queen lets me to see the country change. By wars, marriages, and even environment. Even though I would be history myself, I would also see history being made, and being able not to age make it better. Unlike humans I don’t die and turn to dust. For a crown to be taken care of by the Queen’s servile, it would take a long time for me to rust and wither. For me to be turned to rubble, that is out of the question. I am priceless. I would feel no pain, only the stares of the disfavored basking in the glow of the jewels on me.

Another key point, I would be complimented by my beauty by the people around me. As a crown I would never age, so my beauty stays. Unlike female humans I would need no make-up, just the polisher that the workers would use. I would have hundreds of shiny jewels on me. Diamonds, sapphire, ruby, the ones that are bonanza. An adage used for people, not “things”, “Beauty isn’t everything.”, is useless to me. Since that is all that I have, I would still be proud of my beauty.

Furthermore, as I am suppose to be on the Queen’s head, I would be taken care of greatly and treated with respect. Almost all of the attention would be on me. I would be in the middle of the citadel, in one of the special rooms in the castle. Heavily guarded and protected by the royal guards, they vigilantly watch me. As precious as I am, people would steal me and sell me for a high price. Some people would say it is ridiculous, but no one would lay a hand on me. That’s how important I would be. I would have respect from disfavored. When they bow to the queen, they actually will take a glance up at me, enraptured by my beauty.

In conclusion, if I were to be anything other than a human being I would be a Queen’s royal jewel in crested crown. I would be a crown because I would never age and would see the world change, my beauty would be complimented endlessly, and I would be taken care of greatly, and treated with respect. Even though there are negatives to being a crown, there are more positives overlapping them. This is why, if I could be anything other than a human being I would be a jewel in crested crown that everyone has their eye on.

An essay I wrote in school. I don't think it's a "College article.", but I can't find the right section.