Burger King Warrior Princess This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

Prompt: Describe a significant interest or experience that has special meaning for you.

As a face in a crowd or a name on a page, I am no one special. To the naked eye, I am
average. I was born to a mother and father, I eat food often, and I wear sock on my feet just like
most everyone else. But deep within me, from the caverns of my past, I do have a secret: I am a
warrior princess straight from the tunnels of Burger King.
As a youngster, I thrived on my imagination. Some days I was Marry Poppins singing in
the rain while other days I was a Power Ranger staring face to face with the forces of evil. But of
all the characters I morphed into, I most genuinely become a warrior princess. You see, every
few weeks, my mother drove me to Burger King where my fellow princesses were waiting for
me. Together, we crossed the bouncy bridge to enter the dark tunnels into the adventures that
lied within. We crawled on our hands and feet through the static charged tubes and hurried to
collect the magic keys to save the distressed princess. When the blue ball (holding Princess
Kayla captive) was in sight, we scurried to unlock the invisible door- mission accomplished.
Princesses Carrie, Megan, and I rejoiced in our success.
Though I am far from my times of crawling through the dangers of Burger King, I will
forever be a warrior princess. My adventures have been altered since then, however, and now
2
consist of more mature quests. Just the other day, as a coach, I led a group of four year olds
across treacherous gymnastics mats to the safety of the nearest trampoline. Though this may
have caused worry lines, it instilled in me an appreciation and responsibility of an adult that I
would never understand otherwise. Away from the work environment, my adventures can
present themselves in my schoolwork. I constantly have to navigate through the rough waters
of anatomy, pre-calculus, and government. This task, however, is one that I will never take for
granted because of the knowledge I know I will obtain by the end of my journey. Along with my
academic adventures, I also learn about language and cross culture ministry as a warrior
princes. I strive to honor my King by carrying out His will by serving the less fortunate in
Appalachia, Romania, Mexico, and New Orleans. God has always been faithful, but I have been
closest with Him on mission trips such as these. I will always remember the gypsy children in
Romania and the slightly wet kisses they left on my cheek, for they are forever left there. Yes,
the kiss washed off, but the memory of the children's unconditional love for me will never fade.
These countries may be nothing more than colors on a map to some, but to me, they are tokens
of heaven that I will forever carry in my pocket.
As a warrior princess, I cherish every experience that presents itself to me and I am
genuinely ecstatic to face the new ones that will inevitably come in the years ahead. I do face
my own real-life Burger King adventures every day. To some, these experiences may seem
trivial, but they have embellished my average life into an epic escapade. Each tiny experience in
my life is pieced together to create the exact warrior princess that I can proudly say I am today.

HeatherHamThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:48 am:
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this! Thanks Setizia I worked really hard to incorporate descriptive word choice so my message was conveyed with flying colors :) Keep on writing and reading!

onehappyaster This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is a great piece! Look forward to more!

SetiziaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Though it sounds rather impromptu, I can see you have a very innovative mind to conjure up such a bridge between childhood skits and everyday experiences. Plus, the word choice is impeccable!

HeatherHamThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 15, 2012 at 1:32 pm :
Thank you so much for you comment! I often make connections but it takes some time and effort to get it accross to someone else. Thanks again.

free2believeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:27 am:
i love how in the end, it reveals, tht u mean u r a princess 4 the king of kings, and the Prince of Peace, God. Loved this, and was totally engaged :)

Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:47 pm :
Thank you so much your comments are so encouraging. It was my goal to articulate who I am in a way that can be understood my others. But being able to be related to- I didn't know I could do that. I give Him all the glory and am grateful writing and people to share it with.

awensman95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is great! It's entertaining and very well written! Congrats! 

Athena19This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

This is really well written! I can totally identify!

Thank you all very much. I am very proud of this piece and feel blessed I am able to share it. Keep writing and being inspired!

eddys96This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 17, 2012 at 9:09 pm:
This is very strong and deep. Very well done

otherpoet said...
Feb. 17, 2012 at 8:51 pm:
Your voice is so strong in this article. I could picture you and your friends as little girls, but I could also imagine the stressed high school student, and the teacher leading a group of young girls. You do an excellent job of describing each part of your life.

bgwin96 said...
Feb. 17, 2012 at 4:11 pm:
this is really good

Lillie M. said...
Feb. 17, 2012 at 2:17 am:
Love this! It really makes you rethink your everyday habits . . . Who knows, after reading this I might even enjoy doing schoolwork xD

Oct. 16, 2010 at 2:19 am:
Thanks so much...I really tried to find my own voice in this piece

HarryPotterGeek14 said...
this is an intriguing essay! your personality shines through.

Snow-White-QueenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 7, 2012 at 4:19 pm :
Besides the many grammatical errors, this is a very nice piece. Well done.