St. Andrews | Teen Ink

St. Andrews

Finding the ideal school is a complicated and tedious process, where different factors and characteristics of a university construct a unique equation. A combination of rigorous academics and a stimulating social environment creates the fundamental structure of a university, while the size, location, and history shape a school into an optimal learning environment. St. Andrews excels in each of this variables, constructing the ideal university for an eager student like me. One of the most attractive qualities of St. Andrews are the degree combinations that allow students, like myself, to pursue a vast area of study. The university provides, in particular, a joint degree of Mathematics and International Relations. The degree combination parallels my logical yet subjective personality. The beautiful juxtaposition of well-organized and definite problems with exciting and unpredictable affairs makes it the ideal program for me. Math deals with numbers, figures, and formulas, and always ends in objective, definite answers. In contrast, international relations, an unpredictable field containing no definite solution to any one problem, opens the door to a world of negotiations and politics. The combination of the two distinct majors allows me to focus on credible mathematical concepts within the uncertain yet engaging realm of international relations. American Universities provide both majors, but the combination of the art and science creates a beautiful and complex juxtaposition completely relevant to the future of our society. Not only would I benefit from the acutely focused academics and degree structure, but other aspects of St. Andrews suit me as well. The quaint and peaceful university town, situated on the water, contains thousands of years of rich Scottish history which contributes to a mature yet enchanting environment that nurtures research and exploration. St. Andrews has an long history of providing students with the tools and experience that prepares them for the future and ensures success. With their superior academics and vibrant atmosphere, St. Andrews guarantees an incomparable experience. The characteristics that define St. Andrews are best for those students willing to dedicate themselves to learning and studying in a unique environment. Although it is rare for American students to travel half way across the world for an education, I have the passion and dedication necessary to overcome any obstacle and guarantee a incomparable future

ohsopoisonous GOLD, Salisbury, North Carolina

"I don't care if it hurts, I want to have control. I want a perfect body, I want a perfect soul. I want you to notice when I'm not around." -Radiohead.

I'm only in eighth grade, but I got accepted into an Early College program in North Carolina for next year, and when I am finished with my four years not only will I have done four years a highschool but possibly gotten a two year degree, but if I want to transfer the credits or whatever to a college it has to be in state, and St. Andrews has forensic science, and right now i plan to be a forensic psychologist so I have looked at this college:3

But my plans could change anytime.

Anise said...
You offer great reasons for choosing St. Andrews, a diamond-in-the-rough!