Almost to the end | Teen Ink

Almost to the end

February 11, 2010
By Soledad Castor BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Soledad Castor BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever been through a “rebelde” time? Where you don’t care what you do, what grades you get, or what people tell you. You just did what you wanted to do. I went through that through my freshman year. My mother would always tell me, “No seas tan rebelde, piensa lo que estas asiendo es malo.(Don’t be a rebel, think about what you are doing is bad.)” But would I listen? No, I never did. I would just ignore what she told me.

My friend and I would always get in trouble. We did not care about what the teachers told us and we could care less what they thought about us. We where the “trouble makers” of the school. some of our other friends would always tell us to think about what we did. To think about how our future would turn out; how many the things we did would affect us. But we would always respond “you don’t have to worry. It’s not your life we are messing up.” At the end I barely passed my freshman year.

My sophomore year I was still the same. I still had my same attitude that no one liked and I also still had the not listening part. But at the middle of the year I started to notice that I should change my attitude because not many people liked my attitude and not many people liked the way I would talk to them. I started to notice that I was doing wrong. I also would think about what my life would turn out to be if I kept up with what I did. I remembered what my mom told me “Tienes dos caminos escojes el bien o el mal. Pero lo que haces siempre tiene las consequensias. Tambien piensa en como tus hermanas estan mirando lo que tu haces ellas van a seguir tus pasos.(In a short way my mother would try to make me look at what i did was wrong.)” But when I thought about my younger sisters it made me realize that I don’t want my sisters to do the same thing I did. My mother had lost hope, well that’s what she usually showed me. I wanted to show my mom that I could do better, but not only for her, but it was more for me I needed to make a change for my own good.

I finally passed from sophomore and I became a junior. I was a better student then I ever had been. I was so proud of my self. I would usually get one F and I finally got good grades they weren’t the best but they where better then what I use to get. They even elected me for the body of student council president I am proud of my self for doing better. I proved my self wrong and my mom wrong that I can do better then what I did. And now i only have one more year to end school and start colledge.