Why should you go to college?

When someone enters their senior year of High school, what could be the first thought that pops into their head? “Yes! This is my last year of school! No more vexatious teachers, stressful tests, NO MORE SCHOOL! I am free!” This is a very horrifying thought, this person plans on settling for a High school diploma which will probably lead to a life of unfulfilled dreams; how far do you expect to get with a High school diploma, especially during tough times like a recession. College is imperative for a long and successful life and can make your dreams come true in the long run.
It seems so enticing to let a High school diploma suffice and avoid college but the easy road is sometimes the worst one. College happens to be notorious for being very challenging however; that doesn’t mean you should run from it. After four to six short years of studying, working, and sacrificing, the rest of your life will be a breeze. You will be working in your dream career, instead of working at some dull, miserable, dead-end job. Do not let this current recession deceive you; someone with a college degree is prone to financial security.

Out of a population of nearly seven billion people, there is a select few who are extremely talented to the point where that talent can provide luxurious life; fewer people hit the lottery, it is nearly impossible to match all six numbers and all of us have tried. It is clear, a long, stress free, successful life will have to be earned through college unless you either have an extraordinary talent or hit the lottery. Success does not come easy or cheap, college requires a lot of dedication, effort, and money (unless you receive a grant or a full scholarship, which is just as hard as hitting the lottery). However, over your life time, you will be paid back twenty times over for attending college, proving college pays off.
In essence, college is vital to how far in life you can go. If you settle for a High school diploma or less, you will not go as far as you want to go; you will keep hopping from one dead-end job to another while the college graduate is at home relaxing in his huge house, watching his sixty-four inch Plasma TV in High Definition. College will lead you to a life of fulfillment and realized dreams. No one ever regretted going to college, I wish I could say the same for the person who didn’t.

AllForOne said...
Unfortunately your criticism of people who don't have a college degree implies that you have a sense of entitlement and even neglect for the less fortunate.  Clearly you don't want to express these thoughts - try and appreciate that you are able to go to college and mention it in your essay!

Scripted said...
I am not by any means trying to put down your paper but I would like to point out a few things. Yes, I agree a college degree over a high school diploma is worthwhile but how many people actually get their "dream job?" Not a lot. People do what they can to provide for themselves and others even if they do not like it. A college degree does NOT guarantee a life of fulfillment, riches, big houses and job security especially within today's recessionary constraints. How many engineer... (more »)

minidutch=] said...
this is a great essay hun. i mean everything is just true and makes alot of sense nd sort off funny too lol

NgoanVoholla said...
Sept. 16, 2009 at 11:39 am
Awesome essay!

VRP/JAM replied...
THANK YOU!!!!

lexxx said...
nice job bro

VRP/JAM replied...
THAK MAN!!!