Dream Big! | Teen Ink

Dream Big!

By D-Lo1017 BRONZE, Melbourne, Florida
D-Lo1017 BRONZE, Melbourne, Florida

Growing up is a part of my life that has changed my perspective on it time, and time again. It has made me question things like what I want to do when I’m older and how I am going to accomplish that for myself. At a young age, this isn’t the easiest to find, but it has given me motivation to create a plan for my future. That being said, my biggest fear is being unsuccessful in life which is why I’ve set goals for myself to achieve my personal goal of being successful. 

I’ve already completed some goals such as challenging myself with harder classes in school and saving money responsibly. I used to want to achieve more than my parents but with some aspects, I already have so I’ve decided to set even higher goals for myself. This is why I’ve decided to go to college to gain an even higher education to prepare me for my future career. At first, college never crossed my head, but after maturing and having an open mind, I gained a new understanding of what I wanted to do with my life. Something clicked in my mind pushing me to start planning out ideas so I can succeed and have an easier life later down the road. It happened out of nowhere, but I think what triggered this was fear.

The thought of struggling again as I’ve seen it happen first-hand triggered my change in mindset. It gave me motivation, and a strive to go after what I wanted. I believe anything is possible if you put your mind to it, and I plan to keep that mindset.

I am even setting goals after college to apprentice under different electricians and master the field I’m best suited for. Then I can use what I learned in college with a business degree to further that profession and own my own business one day. After that, I can pay others to do the job for me while running it from behind. I’m always thinking ahead along with the importance of my future and career. 

However, while I devised a plan and stuck with it, it didn’t come easily. It took a lot of time and effort to put this plan together. I took time to gather income, pay college requirements, and achieve good grades on time so I could make college and life in general much easier down the road. Needless to say, it was all well worth it as I am about to graduate and enroll in a brand new school in the fall. It’s an exciting experience to look forward to, but not something to take for granted and I know that I will be fine as long as I stay motivated and continue with the same mindset from the beginning.