I am leader of my mind | Teen Ink

I am leader of my mind

By kalsoom BRONZE, Sacramento, California
kalsoom BRONZE, Sacramento, California

''don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Every day, we all have something on our minds. Each one of us has someone or something that plays an important role in our lives and controls our movements. For me, it is my mind that always pushes me to do things that make me a leader. As they say, "a leader knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way." My name is Kalsoom, and I am a student, daughter, sister, and hard worker. I attended Luther Burbank High School for two years, and my dream is to become a successful woman. The most significant thing in my life is being successful and achieving something that has not been done in my family to make their lives better. Therefore, I am the leader of my mind, which makes my life successful, no matter what my mind says.

People make me feel like a leader, however, they make fun all the time or sometimes don’t like me for no reason but it doesn’t make me feel lost. It makes me feel more supreme because you know people notice you, not in a good way but still it makes you feel like a leader. Wearing a hijab was the most important part of my life and it was not all about wearing it but never taking it off. It was very hard at first to wear the hijab but I made up my mind that when I wear it, never take it off. Whenever I watch my sister wear a hijab she looks beautiful and it makes my mind more into wearing hijab so I did. But the only thing on my mind was people, how they see me when I go out with a hijab, and how they make me feel. I learned one thing: being who you are does not make a difference in your life or your mind. Make yourself a leader by your mind not by people and don’t look at yourself by people you look at yourself by leading your mind, It was easy and it was hard. 

As a Muslim growing up in Pakistan, moving to America at a young age was very difficult for me. I was in Pakistan for about 7 years and I came to America at the age of eight. I wasn’t born in America but grew up in a country where all things were different and I knew that it was not going to be easy.  Not only was everything different, but I also didn't know English, which made it hard for me to understand and communicate with people. At first, I was very confused but I made up my mind that it was not going to be easy. I am starting to speak English and am going to lead myself to learn English. I was talking to people all around, at first they didn’t understand me and they laughed at me. I felt like losing my mind but Despite the challenges, I was determined to learn and grow, and a teacher helped me along the way So I lead my mind that no matter what ever someone thinks about me I will never stop my mind and I will lead my mind so one day I think about this I will be a leader of my mind. I am proud to say that I have made progress in learning English and hope to continue leading my mind towards success. 

In the future,I want to be a successful woman and a leader. For me, success means fighting for those who need it and helping those who have lost their way. As a woman, wife, and mother, I want to make the world a better place not just for myself, but for my family and others as well. Not only be the leader of my mind but I plan to be a leader of my own mind, and the minds of other women. I'll be the one, be the woman of my mind and leader of my mind. But to achieve this, I need to be clear about what I mean by success and leadership. For me, being a successful woman means overcoming challenges and reaching my goals, while helping others along the way. Being a leader means inspiring and empowering others to achieve their own success and make a positive impact in the world. 

Be who you are not what people describe you want to be,  just be yourself and become the leader of your mind so no one could change you. I would make my goal true one day and I'll be the leader of my mind and I can do anything to make myself a successful woman. Don’t leave your goal for other people seeing you and be who you believe in and what you like to do. By becoming the leader of our own minds, we can maintain our authenticity and not let others change us.

my dream is to be a successful woman who will fight over and become leader of my mind.