A Dedicated Worker | Teen Ink

A Dedicated Worker

October 13, 2023
By ViolentFrogg BRONZE, Sacramento, California
ViolentFrogg BRONZE, Sacramento, California
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Dont climb the mountain for the world to see you, climb the mountain for you to see the world.


People always ask “Where do you see yourself in 5 years?”, and I always thought, why do you want to see me when I'm done with the struggle? My name is Xavier Vargas, a sophomore attending Luther Burbank High School. I am a hard worker, and I want people to see me as that, people always want to see me at my high and not at my low. I want people to know that I'm a hard worker because I will do anything and push my limits to get to the top and that I will put in my hours to get my reward even if it will take years.  Therefore I am a hard worker. 


Someone I will love with all my heart and forever is my mom and 2nd oldest brother, Yovanny Vargas, not just because they are my family but also because of what they did to get where they are now. I am just like them, someone who works hard for themselves and their family, my mom worked very hard, we lived in Washington for a while and she had 2 low paying jobs while trying to take care of her 4 kids, but she worked her butt off and didn't stop the grind, a few years later, she has a very good paying job and can take care of her kids without worrying about a thing. My brother was also having a hard time when he moved to Washington after graduating high school, he got in a crash, lost his job, and was behind his rent, but he never gave up and didn't stop trying, he kept on working his butt off with 3 jobs being juggled. Now my brother is living in his own place, new car and not struggling. My mom and brother taught me to be a hard worker because not everyone gets the good cards in life, but if I keep playing the game and try even harder I will get my good cards. And just like my mom and brother, I work hard for my goals and won't stop trying even if my grades are bad, so now I have a job and attend 8 classes, even if I got COVID and it sent me back on my grades I still keep on trying to bring it up, step by step.  


Now an insect I find interesting and fascinating is ants. Now they are not my favorite animal or insect but I still like them a lot because of what they do, they work all the time. Someone could ask you what a very hard-working insect everyone would say ants, and that's because it's true. Ants work nonstop not getting a break so they can reach their goal, their goal just happens to be feeding and helping the ant queen. And I like to think I have the same mentality as an ant because I don't stop working day and night. Even after school ends I work, and help out in after-school activities, because honestly, I have nothing else to do, so why be lazy if I can gain more skills and knowledge by working? 


Now to answer the question people always ask when they want the better me rather than me right now. I see myself leaving work after a long day, and coming home to a family I can take care of and spoil. Working non-stop for my family even little things not just the job, I will work for my kids to be smarter than me if I do have kids, I will work for my wife/girlfriend to be as spoiled as ever, I will work for my house to be spotlessly clean, and I will work for my mom to live a great life when she is old. In other words, I see myself in the next 10 years working hard as always, so in the end, I can rest for the next 40 years after being happy with what I did for myself and my family.

 

So in conclusion, I am a hard worker. And I will always work hard, for my family, for myself, and for my friends. I will work with my family, and my family will show me how to work hard. I will show that my goal is striaght forward and never change like a ant. And in the future, I will be a successful family man, who still works as hard. I will always work hard and try hard for my goal. 


The author's comments:

This piece really made me see myself after completing it.