Success for Leader | Teen Ink

Success for Leader

October 13, 2023
By Daniel70 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Daniel70 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."


 "Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others." -Jack Welch. My name is Daniel M, I am a student at Luther Burbank. This quote is one of my favorites because it talks about being a leader and I myself would say that I am a leader because Jack Welch says that when you are a leader success is about growing others and I like helping others grow to be their better self. Therefore, I’m a leader.

Respect is what I value because if I want to be respected I need to respect others. For example my friend’s, I respect them because they respect me, listen to me, and help me in times of trouble, so in return, I do the same as they do to me. I think that it is key to respect to be a successful leader.

Martin Luther King Jr. is a person who represents leadership because he was one of the most prominent leaders of the civil rights movement. This shows that Martin Luther King Jr. was showing that he was a leader in ending segregation and achieving equal rights for African Americans. I can see myself being like Martin Luther King Jr. in a different way.

In the future, I want to become a better leader. I want to be that person in my family or friend that when someone needs someone to talk to or is going through something they can talk to me. I want to be that person whom my cousins look up to and see as a person who is a leader and a person that they can ask for advice. I want to be a leader for them.

In conclusion, I am a leader who helps people to be their better self and grow others. I have good friends that are leaders that I look up to and learn from them. And one day I want to be like them, a good leader. I am going to continue to become a better leader and grow others.


The author's comments:

This is my first attempt at a college essay. I want to go to UCLA.