A Dream to be a Boss | Teen Ink

A Dream to be a Boss

October 13, 2023
By Bensin BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Bensin BRONZE, Sacramento, California
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
" You don't take a photo, you made it." - Arsel Adens


We always dream about what we want to do. Whether it is being a firefighter, police officer, A chief, or an engineer. However, they don’t think about who they are going to work for. In other words, My dream is to be my own boss. Recently I have been working for over a year and I get told to do many things from taking out clothes, sorting through merchandise, handling customers while seeing my boss relax and take the majority of the money. This has always irritated me because why do I have to do all the work for him while he gets to relax while I have to work for my sister's needs, for my moms bills, and for my future while he just sits there. What I desire most in life is to help out my family by being a boss for them to succeed.


Being my own boss is important to me so I can make a business where it can eventually help my family. I can make it to be able where my mom can be the manager or my sisters can be the workers. Everyone can be their own boss if they try but some realize the struggle and work to get there.People will realize how listening to a boss would be better because they don’t know what to do and the boss can tell them whatever they want. A leader can tell their workers into a better environment with the workers. I am going to go through that struggle and continue to work hard for the people around me.


There will be many things that I have to go through and that will be school. First I gotta know how to handle a business and how to keep on improving upon the business. I will go to a business school or Major like Business management. However, I will need to have enough money to move to Los Angeles, traveling fees, college fees, and even to start my own business. So I'll continue on working for my boss until I find the right time to move on. 


Another step I need to do is be prepared to finally move on. It will be tough from having to risk your money, living conditions, and family quality time. At times I might feel burnt out but I have to follow a quote by “There’s no shortage of remarkable ideas, what’s missing is the will to execute them” by Seth Godin. At first I didn’t know what to have a business on and all I was really focused on was just being my own boss. I’ve done a couple of manual labor jobs when growing up so I know a bit of experience from it so now I will focus my business for construction.


There are so many dreams and everyone always has to work for someone. My dream will be hard with many obstacles in the way but I know I am not just doing it for me but for my family as well. I am excited to embark on my path to being my own boss to learn, grow, adapt, and make decisions for my own being. 


The author's comments:

This piece was always something I thought of. My dream always lingered on my mind from how am I going to do it and when. I decided this will be that day.